Project Reconnect has traditionally been delivered by mail and is now available online, where a greater range of resources are available 24/7. Congregations can incorporate the messages and songs into a presentation software such as PowerPoint, OR play them directly off the website if they have adequate Internet access at the place of worship.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE DVDs EXACTLY AS WE HAVE DONE SINCE OUR INCEPTION 20 YEARS AGO. THESE DVDs CAN BE PLAYED ON ANY DVD PLAYER AS PART OF WORSHIP.
To order a DVD, our preference is that you use the online order form below:
You will be invoiced during the month following the usage date. Please follow payment instructions on the invoice.
Alternately, you can send us an email to email@example.com or order by phone at 0407 069 245 (Sharon) or 0407 625 503 (Kathy)
In the last resort – send us a letter to Project Reconnect, c/- Charlestown Uniting Church, PO Box 499, Charlestown, NSW 2299
For DVD Players
- A TV with good sound and a DVD player. A larger screen will give best results for a larger group. If you have a large space to fill it may be useful to add an extra speaker. The TV should also have HDMI inputs to enable a DVD player to be connected. Most modern TVs have HDMI connectors which allow simple connection of vision and sound.
- A stable TV trolley or strong table. Trolleys are usually better as they provide space for both DVD player and TV and can be wheeled around.
- In a larger or large groups room an additional speaker may be necessary.
For Computer Use
- A modern laptop with a DVD player with an HDMI output. The DVD may be built in or an add-on connected through a USB socket on the laptop.
- A digital projector or modern TV large enough for the room with a HDMI input (TV screens give much clearer images than digital projectors).
- An additional speaker for larger rooms.
For more suggestions on structuring worship, see STRUCTURING WORSHIP
Typical Key roles are
- Meeting and Greeting
- Worship leader – coordinates worship
- DVD or Computer Operator
- Prayer leader(s)
- Scripture reader(s)
- Morning tea
The music on the DVD or downloaded is optional. If you have your own musicians use them!
The music on the DVDs is in two groups.
- 16 songs recorded by a number of volunteer choirs when Project Reconnect was first established, and
- 16 more recently recorded songs by the Adamstown Singers and the Merewether Community in Newcastle. It may also include a seasonal welcome video to be played at the start of your worship.
There are two messages each week
- A main message/sermon taking around 10 minutes.
- An All Age Message (around 5 minutes) with a focus on children. Don’t underestimate the power of these messages for adults.
There are a number of questions/discussion starters included. They are entirely optional but we do recommend that you try them. They are best discussed in small groups of no more than 5. Members of any small group may wish to share a special insight with the whole congregation if they wish. The discussion time is unique to Project Reconnect and has varied success across all congregations. Members may feel speaking to a large group uncomfortable. Some churches do not use the questions but they are not gaining the full advantage by just watching and listening. Suggestions on conducting discussions are provided on our How-To Video at around 11 minutes.